Sunday, February 14, 2016

16.


I belong to that group of people known as sisters.  I am A Sister. 

Recently I attended a friend’s birthday party.  We were dressed up to go to a fancy restaurant for dinner and the birthday girl was wearing a beautiful dress.  When I asked her where she got it from, she replied with, “I don’t know, my sister just randomly sent me a bunch of dresses in the mail and this was one of them!” She has a sister who is successfully working on Wall Street.  This conversation made me realize that I, too, would like to have an older sister.  Why do I want an older sister?
I would like to have someone who goes through life ahead of me so that my parents aren’t so overprotective when it’s my turn.  I would like an older sister to teach me how to contour my cheeks and wing my eyeliner perfectly.  My older sister will also give me manicures and pedicures.  I want an older sister to take me shopping and buy me clothes, accessories, shoes, and bags that I could never afford.  Needless to say, my older sister will let me “borrow” clothes from her closet whenever I want.  When I have friends over, I want my older sister to drive us to the mall, not embarrass me in front of my peers, and not interrupt when my friends and I are talking.  I want an older sister who is very smart so that she can help me with my homework.  But I want an older sister who isn’t TOO smart so that I am not constantly being compared to her.     


Wow, who wouldn’t want an older sister? 

Image result for sisters

Image result for sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment